Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Last One


I'm really not sure how this post is supposed to start. I'm really not sure what to say.

It's been almost 8 weeks since Joe passed away.

I'm not going to go into details. I'm only going to say that some people do not have the families they deserve. And sometimes PTSD (from the military or otherwise) is very overwhelming.

And sometimes love isn't strong enough to overcome your past.

As for this blog, it was about my life as an Army wife, which I am not anymore. Joe ETSed in December 2012. We started our civilian life in Arkansas by finding a great job, buying a house, and moving. The dream we had worked so hard for had come true. Please know that we were happy. Everything had fallen into place. Joe left me knowing that I could support myself and had the support of family and friends.

I have been shown an amazing amount of love and support from those around me. I will forever be thankful for my friends, IRL and online. You all are so thoughtful and generous with your time and words.

I do plan on blogging when I have the time, which is not a whole lot right now. But when I do, you can find me over at http://saraandrigel.blogspot.com/.

But this will be the last post on this blog. Thank you to everyone who has supported my Army wife journey. I have made many wonderful friends in this community. And had some amazing experiences that I will never forget.



2 comments:

Amy said...

Sara-

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My heart aches for you and your family. I know it's been a long time since I've commented as I have not been actively blogging for a couple years now. When I started though, you were one of the first I started following and our husbands were deployed about the same time.

I can't imagine the loss you are feeling but if there is anything I can do for you please let me know.

Amy

Kanani said...

Dear Sara,
I'm so sorry to read of your loss. I'm glad you have a new blog to go to, and Rigel by your side.
All the best, Kanani