Friday, August 6, 2010

Hello August - better late than never!

Day 143 - 20 weeks down

I have been waiting days to say this-


No dates, of course, but woot woot!!!

I have been having the R&R OPSEC debate with many people, including my husband. Just to be on the safe side, I wont release any dates publicly until he's safe at home. My close friends know though. But there are some people that say that releasing R&R dates dont violate OPSEC. I can see both sides of the arguement about "troop movements" and such. But since the wackos trying to lob rockets at my husband's COS are aiming for the air field, I will just refrain from giving them any hints as to when he could possibly be leaving. If people in tiny Ratcliff, Arkansas can get internet, some wacko in a cave in Iraq can get internet. This is 2010, we need to keep our ever advancing technology in mind.

I'm so sorry I've been out of pocket the last couple of weeks. I've been "on the mend," as my mother says. For all of you that dont follow me on Twitter, I had a semi-emergency laparoscopic gallbladder surgery (cholecystectomy) last Thursday, July 29th. I was so thankful to have a great friend by my side through the surgery as my mother and grandmother made a mad dash to Colorado Springs from Arkansas. The first two days after the surgery were just so painful. I've heard about people doing this alone, but I have no idea how. I will admit I am a huge baby, and I really wanted my mommy, but I could have recovered without her. But I could NOT have gotten out of bed the first two days without her!! My lower abdominal muscles were so sore!! I couldnt sit up on the couch alone! But as my husband reminded me, they basically stabbed my stomach 4 times. And those muscles have holes in them.

It's been a week. I'm still moving pretty slow. Bending over is a chore. I get tired very quickly. Coughing hurts like mad! And stairs are evil. But I've been weened off the major meds (so I can drive if I need to). And my family left early this morning. But as sore and uncomfortable as the surgery has been it's NOTHING compared to that last gallbladder attack. I just keep reminding myself that.

Joe is still doing well, all in all. He's so over this deployment. It's hard to listen to him talk about his situation over there when I have no control, and quite frankly, neither does he. But we had a good friend leave this week. And as much as I would have loved to spend the last 4 months with Joe, I am more thankful that he's 143 days into this silly deployment and we can celebrate R&R VERY soon and redeployment kinda soon too.

My mom tells me the more I'm up and moving around, the faster I will recover. So as soon as they leave, another friend is coming to stay with me!! And PLEASE dont forget my friend Ashley and I are having our Scentsy party this Sunday!! Even if you cant join us, you can get your own Scentsy by clicking HERE for more info.


Expat Girl said...

Oh my gosh I hope you keep recovering and feel better soon and woohoooo for R&R this month thats great news! Its horrible listening to them and not being able to fix it isnt it?!!

Samantha the ArmyWife said...

ut oh- emergency surgery is never good! But I'm glad you had plenty of help from family and friends! Hope you get to 100% asap! :)

Amy said...

I'm glad to hear the surgery went well. Hoping for a quick recovery before your R&R.