Sunday, July 4, 2010

My 4th of July

DAY 110

Today just isn't the same without Joe. I posted two pics on the Sara & Rigel blog from the last two 4th of Julys while we were in Kansas. We have such great memories. I will keep those memories close today. We would be checking out the last minute sales around town and Joe would be organizing his stash into large groups, touching them all, over and over.

So to keep myself distracted this morning, I made a whole bunch of cards for the 4th of July. Go to Sara's Scissors to check them out!!

But this small holiday has got me thinking. It's been the first special day since Joe left. If the 4th of July is making me so sad, how will I deal with birthdays, anniversaries, Thanksgiving, and Christmas?? I tell myself that it's just one more day closer to his return. And by the time Christmas rolls around, Joe will almost be home. But it doesnt make those days any less hard in my mind. Thankfully, I have awesome friends and family that are there for me. Thank you guys, you know who you are!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's actually good to get this done first... it'll help you handle the other ones.

My first holiday on our first deployment was Thanksgiving. And by that point, I hadn't heard from him in a week or so. By my second holiday (Christmas), I hadn't heard from him in eight weeks.

Don't get down about "getting down" about this holiday... it's a stepping stone to handling the next one much easier! And yes, Christmas and birthdays will suck. But... that makes that ones you have together that much sweeter.