Saturday, October 16, 2010

Thanksgiving Dinner Downrange??!?!

Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I saw something in the grocery store today that made me start thinking about Joe's Thanksgiving care package. Marie Callender makes a microwavable turkey and stuffing "Home-Style Creation." And I picked up these 8oz cans of Ocean Spray jellied cranberry sauce. Good for shipping to Iraq, but also for my "Thanksgiving-for-One" dinner I have planned. And I know they make those tiny pecan pies. I have mailed those to Joe before. I KNOW you guys have other GREAT ideas for Joe's special care package. Please leave your ideas in the comment section. Thanksgiving is a big deal in our family, and I want his day to be special even though he's far away. Oh, Joe has a microwave and a mini fridge. But no milk or butter, or course. I was about to send some instant potatoes, but they require more than water, so that's out.


No comments: