Monday, December 13, 2010

39 Weeks!

Day 274

We're getting there, slowly but surely. :)

Christmas is getting closer! And packages are rolling in. I got a box full of goodies from my MIL this week. LOTS of good stuff. Joe and I are already fighting over the house shoes.

I had an office party last Friday. It was fun and funny! And an FRG meeting that evening. We did an ornament swap. It was fun too. And the meeting notes!!! Of course I wont post anything here, but WOOHOOO!!! Squeeeeee!!!! Lots of dates, redeployment "maybe" dates, estimated block leave dates, and... wait for it....... a Battalion Ball!!! Yeah, so I have been married to Joe for just about 3 and a half years and I have NEVER been to a ball. Joe says they arent all that exciting, but since he's ETSing, I want to go to at least ONE silly ball. Joe went to many in Germany, but I wasnt there of course. And the ones in KS? Well, their unit was attached to some other group so they went to MO for their balls, usually right before or after a trip to the field, so I wasnt at those either. So I FINALLY get to get all dolled up and go with Joe somewhere while he's in his Class As!! And I'm excited about it.

Joe got his Christmas care package yesterday. He immediately asked if he had to wait until Christmas to open his presents. Of course you do Silly!!! I let him open one today. I sent a small tree, about a foot and a half tall (folded in the large flat rate box). He put the tree together and placed all the presents under it. And the sweetheart took a picute of it and posted it for me before I could even ask. It's sad that a person's whole Christmas can fit in a large flat rate box, even with two rolls of toilet paper.

Oh, and scroll down and take the little poll on the right side of my blog. Thanks!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

I can't believe it's been 39 weeks! Seems like just yesterday I sent you that deployment bracelet :)

Anonymous said...

Exciting stuff! I hope you have a wonderful time at the ball. They can be lovely evenings.

Anonymous said...

I answered your poll but I feel I need to add to my answer haha, I don't mind the music but when I skype with my fiance I have to have the volume turned all the way up so sometimes it just scares the hell out of me lol. I hope you're having a great week!

Field of Dreams said...

So happy for you that you are almost to the end! And the ball sounds like so much fun!!! Hope you both have a Merry Christmas!