Sunday, December 19, 2010

Ode to Tammy Munson

If you are a military spouse on Twitter, there is a very good chance you follow Tammy. But I have had the very great pleasure of getting to know her in person. She was the first person I ever met in Colorado Springs, with Starbucks in hand.

I don't know what I would have done without her over this last year. Her friendship exceeded any friendship I have ever known. Tammy is the most responsible thoughtful compassionate genuine unselfish woman that I've had the pleasure of meeting. How many friends would come get you at 2am and take you to the ER? And again later that day. Only to stay by your side through surgery and recovery the next day? And comfort you when you hit that deployment wall? And listen patiently while you vent about this world. She understood what I was going though better than most people, more so than my own mother. I aspire to be a friend for someone the way Tammy was a friend to me.

She was my rock here at Ft Carson. I don't know why I was so lucky to meet her, but it was a true blessing. And now her family is moving on to another great adventure. And I will miss her more than words can express. You better watch out Iowa, Tammy Munson is on her way.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

that's really sweet! Sounds like a great person!