Wednesday, February 2, 2011

46 Weeks Down!!!

Day 323

We got some AWESOME news this week. And people from Joe's unit are already home. This is finally wrapping up. I cant believe it's been almost a year. Sometimes it seems like only a few months. Other times it feels like 2 or 3 years since I dropped Joe off at his company. That goodbye emotion is still so raw.

I got a huge surprise from Joe this week. It's a combo Valentine's Day/Anniversary/Redeployment gift - a diamond solitare necklace and diamond earrings. I'm absolutely in love with them! I'm not a jewelry gal, and only own one real set that my parents bought me when I was 16, so it was a big shiny surprise. He said he wanted me to know how important I am to him, and how much he misses me, but also to thank me for being so great this last year. I joked and told someone it was a "thank you for staying with me" present. We've seen so many marriages crumble this year. Its so depressing. I saw the statistics before the deployment, but I never imagined watching it happen, month by month, marriage by marriage. It doesnt take jewelry to make me realize that Joe is a great guy. I'm so lucky to have him.

School is good. Work is good. Life is just really darn good right now. Minus the below 0 temperatures. Just waiting for my Joe to walk through that door....

....eventually.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I hope the awesome news is an early homecoming!

Renee said...

I know that you are on cloud 800!! The new bling doesn't hurt a bit!!