Thursday, April 21, 2011

Block Leave

It's just been crazy around here. I cant believe it's been so long since I blogged last. Sorry guys.

Joe's block leave is wrapping up. It's been so cool to have him home for two weeks though. He cooks for me before class. And cleans up. And takes care of the dog. I don't have to worry about Rigel being alone all day long anymore. It's pretty much awesome having him back.

We still have our moments. I think most reintegrating couples do. But we handle it completely different than we used to. Instead of getting in a big fight, we talk it out. We didn't talk about fighting differently, we just started doing it. Maybe subconsciously, we know the alternative (deployment, being gone for a year, not being able to talk at all) just sucks and we're trying to behave like adults.

Classes are going well. We have about 3 weeks left before the end of the term. It's all coming up too fast. I have so much work to do!! Ick! But after my finals wrap up, I get to go home for a week. So I'm super excited about that. I haven't been home since November 2009!! I have a 1 year old cousin I've never met. And friends I havent seen in over a year. I cant wait to get back in Arkansas. I miss home.

I hope you all have a great weekend!! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just found your blog today...looks like we have a lot in common. Reintegration is difficult, but just one of those wonderful things about army life. Anyway, I will be reading from now on...I hope you come check me out too!

-The Glamorous Army Wife
http://theglamourouslifeofanarmywife.blogspot.com

Shana said...

Ok- dumb reservist wife question but what is Block Leave? Is that the leave at the end of deployment? haha. I am learning.
We just wrapped up our R&R and boy was it nice to get away from the dishes for the past 2 weeks!
Glad it's going well!

Shana
Tiarasandacus.blogspot.com

Kayla said...

It's been the same for us. Instead of flipping out we're much more patient with one another. It also helps that HE PROPOSED!!!! :DDDD
Just wanted my bloggy buddy to know. ;)