Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Waldo Canyon Fire - from my area

I'm going to post some pictures I've taken up to this point. The panoramic photos are cut off, but if you click on them, they will open up.

At about 2pm Saturday afternoon

Joe and I went for a drive up to Old Stage Road to see if we could get a better look.

This is a panoramic photo I took on Monday. The smoke drifted all the way across the sky.




I took this at 2pm Tuesday afternoon on my way to my school.


This was taken at 4:45pm Tuesday as I left school after my meeting. It changed so rapidly.


This was taken at 5pm Tuesday when I got back home.

So I was watching the news and watching Twitter go nuts and I started to panic. I wanted to pack a bag and take pictures off my wall. Joe knows me so well! He loaded me into the car and took me on Fort Carson. The smoke still pretty car away from my house. This picture was taken on Fort Carson, but still only about two minutes from my house. I was able to calm down knowing what it looked like from a new perspective. While I was taking these pictures, the fire was racing down the mountain and entering town.

Another panoramic - taken at about 6pm Tuesday afternoon.

2 comments:

Shayla said...

WOW! truly scary!!!

Praying for yall!!!!

Chantal said...

My poor hometown :(